Names of craft artists: Anita Rocamora, Annemarie Buchmann-Gerber, Paula Cooley, Elizabeth M. Cuming, Jamie Russell. Photo credit: Grant Kernan
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library and the Manitoba Craft Council have partnered to bring this exhibition to Manitoba. A portion of the exhibit will be on exhibit at both venues.
To see the exhibition at the Manitoba Craft Council visit during First Fridays on Feb 6 and Mar 6, 5-9pm. Otherwise you may visit MCC at 553-70 Arthur St, open by chance or appointment.
Artist Talk – PJ Anderson: Travels with Clay
February 12, 2015
On Thursday, February 12, 2015, the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library invites the public to join us from 7:00-8:00 pm for an Artist Talk featuring artist PJ Anderson. Anderson will be speaking about her Travels With Clay, during which she has travelled to South Africa and China, and how she explores notions of culture and community in her artistic practice.
PJ Anderson is a Winnipeg based artist. Her work explores concepts of community and culture by fusing, modifying, and questioning aspects of cultural affinity in clay. Anderson has exhibited in Canada, the United States, South Africa, and China and her work can be found in collections worldwide. She has been the recipient of a Winnipeg Arts Council grant, a Manitoba Arts Council grant, and a Manitoba Craft Council bursary.
Dates: Thursday, February 12, 2015
Time: 7:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: 1B-183 Kennedy Street
Cost: Free – donations accepted
Hand It to Craft 2015
How are you celebrating Craft Year 2015? Are you creating new work? Trying a new technique? Or exploring new materials?
As part of the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015, the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library will be opening Hand it to Craft in 2015”, an exhibit of work by Manitoba craft artists in the fall of 2015, in our new and expanded facility.
Call for submission
We are seeking submissions of work produced by craft artists based in Manitoba in 2015 (or in late 2014 as preparation for the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015 Celebrations).
- Brief visual description including technique, size, materials and any special exhibit requirements.
- Craftsperson information with brief bio.
- Information about the piece in terms of its inspiration etc.
- An image of the piece, JPG preferred and less than 1MB file size.
- Deadline August 28, 2015.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Items must be loaned for the duration of the exhibit – late Oct. 2015 through Jan. 2016.
- In September 2015 an ad hoc Exhibit Committee will make final selections for the exhibit.
- Depending on the response it is possible that not all pieces will be accepted for the exhibit
- Please submit information and images to Andrea Reichert, Curator, 1B-183 Kennedy St., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 1S6, (204) 487-6117 (tel. & fax), email@example.com.
Submission deadline August 28, 2015
We hope you’ll be inspired to stretch your limits, try something new to bring new attention and enthusiasm to Craft! ~ excerpt from Canadian Craft Federation website.
For more information about Craft Year 2015 visit: http://canadiancraftsfederation.typepad.com/canadian-crafts-federatn/projects.html