Dot From Tribute Exhibit
April 21-May 19, 2015
MCML is honoured to exhibit the embroideries of Dot From, former MCML member, volunteer, board member, committee member and supporter who passed away in February.
The exhibit features her stitched artworks, garments and household items, in techniques that vary from cross stitch, hardanger, crewel, pulled thread, to drawn thread, in both traditional patterns and of her own design, from the 1970s through to 2014.
The event photo is “Prairie Patterns”, stitched in 1999-2000, and which won the Juror’s Award for Excellence in Execution and Design in the 2000 Manitoba Craft Council Spring Juried Show.
Manitoba Crafts Museum and Liberary 1B-183 Kennedy Street Winnipeg , MB (204)487-6117
Regular Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 10-4; Saturday 12pm – 4 pm
Backspace Forward will be on exhibit at the Pembina Hills Arts Council
Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library / Manitoba Craft Council 2014 Juried Exhibition
Featuring work by Tracy Fehr, Dana Kletke, Mimi Mirus, KeithOliver, Paul Robles, Elizabeth Roy, Wendy Seversen, Gaetanne Sylvester, Diana Thorneycroft, Peter Tittenberger, Cathie Ugrin, and Melanie Wesley.The twelve historical pieces that inspired the exhibitionwill also be on display.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday – Saturday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursdays 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
352 Stephen Street Morden, MB
Hand It to Craft 2015 How are you celebrating Craft Year 2015? Are you creating new work? Trying a new technique? Or exploring new materials?
As part of the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015, the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library will be opening Hand it to Craft in 2015”, an exhibit of work by Manitoba craft artists in the fall of 2015, in our new and expanded facility.
Call for submission
We are seeking submissions of work produced by craft artists based in Manitoba in 2015 (or in late 2014 as preparation for the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015 Celebrations).
- Brief visual description including technique, size, materials and any special exhibit requirements.
- Craftsperson information with brief bio.
- Information about the piece in terms of its inspiration etc.
- An image of the piece, JPG preferred and less than 1MB file size.
- Deadline August 28, 2015.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Items must be loaned for the duration of the exhibit – late Oct. 2015 through Jan. 2016.
- In September 2015 an ad hoc Exhibit Committee will make final selections for the exhibit.
- Depending on the response it is possible that not all pieces will be accepted for the exhibit
- Please submit information and images to Andrea Reichert, Curator, 1B-183 Kennedy St., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 1S6, (204) 487-6117 (tel. & fax), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline August 28, 2015
We hope you’ll be inspired to stretch your limits, try something new to bring new attention and enthusiasm to Craft! ~ excerpt from Canadian Craft Federation website.
For more information about Craft Year 2015 visit: http://canadiancraftsfederation.typepad.com/canadian-crafts-federatn/projects.html