In celebration of the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015 celebrations, we are featuring in the gallery some of our iconic Manitoba craft art and artists, including Leo Mol, Ione Thorkelsson, the history of the Manitoba Tartan, and some early Inuit carvings from the 1960s.
Manitoba Crafts Museum and Liberary 1B-183 Kennedy Street Winnipeg , MB (204)487-6117
Regular Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 10-4; Saturday 12pm – 4 pm.
Fundraising Raffle Winners
1st Prize Stained Glass Mosaic by On the Edge Studio Value $225
Winner: Carl Quesnel - ticket 050
2nd Prize Japanese Commuication by Jocelyn Barable Value $105
Winner: Marieke Gruwel – ticket 003
3rd Prize Bracelet by cj tennant Value $70
Winner: Paul and Pat Earl – ticket 037
4th Prize Mirror by Connie Chapel Value $60
Winner: Jacques St. Goddard – ticket 041
Hand It to Craft 2015
How are you celebrating Craft Year 2015? Are you creating new work? Trying a new technique? Or exploring new materials?
As part of the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015, the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library will be opening Hand it to Craft in 2015”, an exhibit of work by Manitoba craft artists in the fall of 2015, in our new and expanded facility.
Call for submission
We are seeking submissions of work produced by craft artists based in Manitoba in 2015 (or in late 2014 as preparation for the Canadian Craft Federation’s Craft Year 2015 Celebrations).
- Brief visual description including technique, size, materials and any special exhibit requirements.
- Craftsperson information with brief bio.
- Information about the piece in terms of its inspiration etc.
- An image of the piece, JPG preferred and less than 1MB file size.
- Deadline August 28, 2015.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Items must be loaned for the duration of the exhibit – late Oct. 2015 through Jan. 2016.
- In September 2015 an ad hoc Exhibit Committee will make final selections for the exhibit.
- Depending on the response it is possible that not all pieces will be accepted for the exhibit
- Please submit information and images to Andrea Reichert, Curator, 1B-183 Kennedy St., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 1S6, (204) 487-6117 (tel. & fax), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline August 28, 2015
We hope you’ll be inspired to stretch your limits, try something new to bring new attention and enthusiasm to Craft! ~ excerpt from Canadian Craft Federation website.
For more information about Craft Year 2015 visit: http://canadiancraftsfederation.typepad.com/canadian-crafts-federatn/projects.html